Monday, October 15, 2007

Do good intentions count?

I wish someone would invent software that would allow me to post to this blog by mental telepathy. While I am commuting, I have many ideas I want to share, yet when I get to my desk, the emails, phone calls, student visits, grading, articles to read (or write) pile up and my poor blog gets pushed back. But good intentions do count, at least as part of ethos, as I tell my students when teaching Aristotelian appeals. The Greek name eunoia for the good intentions part of ethos seems so intuitive - the opposite of "annoy." Wikipedia's stub brings up some interesting tangents. The Online Etymology Dictionary has no entry. Hmm. And posting to the blog takes more than just 5 minutes here or there - as I have to gather my thoughts - need a Border Collie for that task!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara Jameson said...

The old saying "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" may apply here?

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home