Tuesday, March 04, 2008

10 minutes a day

I'm shocked and saddened to see that my last post was Jan 21 -- where does the time go? Every day I think of what I want to write, but somehow never manage to even find the 10-minutes a day that my friend Michael says would be enough. He manages much more on his two very smart blogs Collage and Sisyphean. Meanwhile, I feel totally overwhelmed at work reading papers from my students, plagiarized papers by other people's students, proposals and requested essays for next term's first year comp classes, observations and paper sets for the graduate teaching assistants whom I'm observing, etc etc. You don't actually want to know! I did manage to read this week's New Yorker memoir about New York Bishop Paul Moore, by his daughter Honor. (Apparently it's an excerpt from her new book The Bishop's Daughter.) As a child, I knew Bishop Moore slightly in Washington DC when he was suffragan bishop at the National Cathedral where I worked. I didn't know Honor then. Apparently she's a theater critic for the New York Times.
OK - this took me about 10 minutes - so Michael is right! I promise not to wait another month before posting again. I've missed it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael Faris said...

Yay! You're back in action. :)

6:44 PM  
Blogger Marieke said...

Glad to see you're back... we missed you too.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home