Saturday, July 29, 2006

Saturday Blinds

Bought Venetian blinds cut to fit the two unstandard bedroom windows and installed them. I have been wanting them for four years since moving into this house. For some reason I love blinds, the way the light is sliced, tipped, turned, the way the sky is neatly portioned, bringing order to the delightful disarray of nature, balancing the curves of clouds and branches with the perfect tiny horizons rising one above another. Perhaps in my childhood I watched the day through the slats and lattices because now they seem to be absolutely comforting. I am so happy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Oooh, nicely put! Sounds so peaceful makes me want to go play with the different angles on the blinds in our house to see what peaceful light they'll make.
Hmm, I guess it's "blinded" light, huh. :-)
Laura

4:58 PM  
Blogger Sara Jameson said...

Thanks, Laura - how nice of you to read and comment. I hope your blinds are peaceful too.

I also wrote a poem about the blinds but don't know how to post a file attachment. Do you know?

Sara

9:12 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

No, actually file attachments are something I'd like to learn, too! I'm pretty sure you'd have to upload them and then link to them, and I think that on wordpress or blogger, there's no functionality to do it, anyway. Not a hundred percent sure, though. :-)

You could just cut and paste, if the poem's not too long.

Laura

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home