Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving

It's 4:40 on a dark rainy Wednesday, day before Thanksgiving, and I am about wrapping up the papers on my desk, the piles of student drafts to read, the sets of graded essays from the graduate teaching assistants to study, and the long delayed research papers and books to read for the four day weekend. I am very thankful to have the opportunity to work with such wonderful colleagues, great thinkers and writers. I am very thankful to have the opportunity to teach so many wonderful students.

Recently, the Mutts cartoom has been running a series of episodes in which the cat Mooch and the dog Earl say repeat the line from Meister Eckhardt "If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice.
" I agree. We really like this cartoon. Check out Mutts.

To all our friends and family, to all the animals and to the earth herself, and to God.
Thank You.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home