Sunday, January 21, 2007

NB

My friend Michael tells me that blogging etiquette frowns on bloggers changing posts once they are made - revisionist history?. Instead, bloggers should just make a new post with the new information or add a comment.

I guess mostly I will do that -- however, I am now going back into the Nancy Drew post to situate the context more, as to why I thought of her right now and also into the Bishop Katharine blog to add that the photo pictured was taken from a spot in the Bishop's Garden that I know very well. Minor updates.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael Faris said...

I don't think minor changes in recent posts are bad. Especially now, when most savvy blog readers read posts through RSS feeds so they know if a post has been updated. I think going back and drastically changing a post seems disingenuous to the process: if that's what you were thinking at one point and it changes, then why not just write a new post with your new views, and go back to the old post and write an update at the end, like "UPDATE: Revision of these thoughts found here" with a link or something.

I've noticed a lot of bloggers will go back and update old posts, especially minor word choice or spelling errors. If it's a content change, usually there'll be some kind of marker letting the reader know about new content.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Lisa Ede said...

Very interesting! I'd not thought much about this topic at all!

Lisa

10:21 AM  
Blogger Lisa Ede said...

Very interesting! I'd not thought much about this topic at all!

Lisa

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home